Welcome back to the Firefox 3 RC1 Testday (Part 2)! Last week we had a great turnout and a few good bugs found. Since this we are close to releasing the final RC, we are extending testday for one more week.
下一次 RC 應該就是最後了，所以按照慣例應該是三週後左右會出正式版。
What: Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 Testday (Part 2) When: Friday, May 23, 2008 from 7am - 5pm PDT Where: IRC on irc.mozilla.org, channel #testday
May 23, 2008 7am-5am PDT 就是臺灣時間 5/23 2200 - 5/24 0800
How you can help
- Install the RC1 build candidate at: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html
- Review the list below of things to test.
- Provide us with your feedback and any testing updates by leaving a comment on this event post! Or join us on irc.mozilla.org, channel #testday for immediate discussion.
要測的就是 RC1 不是 nightly，所以現在就可以去安裝了。
- Check out all the popular extensions, themes, and plugins that RC1 now supports. You can download them directly from AMO, or search through your Addons Manager.
1. 看看還有哪些常用的附加元件不能支援 Firefox 3
Visit Top Websites you use. Inspect layouts, functionality, web-based application tools. (Examples: Banking and Financial Sites, Social Networking sites (Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn), Top News Sites, Online retail sites)
2. 看看有哪些常用網站遇上 Firefox 3 會掛點或亂掉。如果有中文的站就儘量測吧，回報時尊重一下大英語主義者 :)
Test new firefox 3 Features. These include Bookmarks, Address bar, History, Download Manager, Addons Manager, and Password Manager
3. 測試其他 Firefox 3 的新功能。如果你還不太瞭解，可以參考一下 Mozilla Links 上的文章。
Preparing for Test Day
- Save your profile data! You should either back up your profile or use the profile manager to create a new profile for testing.
- Get the new Mozilla QA Companion! It's the easiest way to run test cases, search for bugs, and get connected on IRC... so it's the perfect tool for Test Days!
Contributing to Test Day
- Join us in #testday on irc.mozilla.org so you can chat with the Mozilla QA team and community. There are always people in the channel to meet, work with, and get help from.
- Choose one or more of the following things to do:
- Run testcases on Litmus! Ask for help in the #testday channel if you're not familiar with Litmus. If a testcase is terribly unclear, mark it as such. When you have questions about using Litmus, please ask the moderators in the testday channel or see the Litmus tutorial.
- Verify Fixed Bugs! We are in dire need of keeping up with the bug fixed rate. You can help by going through the bugs listed below and confirming if they truly are fixed or needs reopening. *Firefox bugs - http://tinyurl.com/3k6hl5
For more general information about Test Days, visit http://quality.mozilla.org/events/test-days
See you Friday! Mozilla QA
其他部份請參考之前我寫過的 testday 宣傳。希望大家能慢慢熟悉這類的測試方式，一方面參與，二方面也才能提早抓出中文版特有的問題，這是那些歪國人怎麼也測不到的啊！一旦人數夠了，我想我們就可以試著辦理東半球的 testday，這樣時間上會比較適合些。